MANAGING EXAM STRESS….START NOW!!!!
For some handy tips to help with exam stress, read on!
- Start off your day with a good breakfast that includes power-packed porridge, eggs or a smoothie
- Keep hydrated (essential for focusing and concentration)
- Keep to a routine and take regular breaks while studying
- Learn to recognise when you are stressing; a break or a chat with someone who knows the pressure you are under will get things into perspective
- Stay away from caffeine and sugary drinks as they only put extra pressure on the adrenals (stress glands)
- Exercise! Even going for a quick walk will clear the head and boost the brain
- Keep your sugar levels balanced by eating a healthy snack every few hours, such as a piece of fruit and handful of nuts. See in store for a range of healthy snacks!
- Try to get enough sleep (at least 8 hours). Sleep helps your brain to assimilate new knowledge into your long-term memory so that you can recall it when it comes to exam day
Try and stick to these tips as much as possible. In addition, there are some excellent supplements in store which may help to keep you on track. Some of these include…
- B-Complex: Helps to support the central nervous system and raises your stress tolerance level and coping ability. It also helps to keep your mood balanced! Some of our favourite brands include Viridian or Solo
- Rhodiola: A wonderful herb for energy, mental focus and dealing with stress
- Essential Fatty Acids (fish or seed oil in capsule or liquid form): Essential to help with focus, concentration and memory
- Magnesium: An important mineral that can help support normal energy levels and functioning of the central nervous system. Magnesium aids in calming the nerves and relaxing the muscles, which in turn promotes restful sleep
Hopefully you’ll find this advice beneficial. However, the best advice of all is START NOW. Don’t wait until just before exam time… ( a bit like the studying!! ☺ )
Until next time, stay healthy…